How to Kill Fruit Flies
Fruit flies are some of the most annoying pests that often find a way into your home through your kitchen drains. Even though they seem harmless, they are not a good thing to have living in your house drains. They can consume everything and cover your whole kitchen with germs and bacteria.
Sewer flies or more commonly known as fruit flies like to stay near drains and plumbing fixtures, hiding there during the day time. Other times you can find them hovering around your sink drains or trying to make meal out of your leftover garbage bins or fruit sitting out.
To get rid of them you can get a professional exterminator or you can take matters into your own hands. Here are some tips and ways to prevent fruit flies getting in your house drain and how to get rid of them easily:
TIPS TO PREVENT FRUIT FLIES IN YOUR HOUSE
• Make sure you keep your home clean behind all appliances
• Keep foods stored safely away from moisture
• Bleach and clean drain
• Make sure drains and all plumbing works
• Always take out your garbage and throw away old fruit
• Clean smells with other cleaning supplies
HOW TO KILL FRUIT FLIES IN YOUR HOUSE DRAIN
• Where are they breeding? Find out where they are laying eggs and spray the area with a bug exterminator and clean the area for nests.
• Home style recipe for killing fruit flies:
- 3 Tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar and 3 drops of dish soap in a cup and put it near your drain or counter. The flies will be attracted to the sweetness and get caught in the suds of the dish soap.
- Use cleaners like bleach, detergent in your drains where the source of the problem is.
If these suggestions don’t work and you’re still having difficulty with fruit flies, contact Du-All Plumbers to have a look at your drains and appliances to find the origin of your problem. Call us today at 888-800-2555